Friday 28 August 2015

Vuelta a Espana Stage 7: Finish line quotes

http://ift.tt/1F4s9Iw

Bert-Jan Lindeman (LottoNL-Jumbo), stage winner

"It’s a special moment, a special day. After Vacansoleil, I was not in the ProTour anymore and I fight back and I think this is my biggest achievement yet, so I’m very happy.

"Sometimes you have to be lucky to be in the right break, with the good legs, and everything has to come together. Now is my day so I’m very happy. There are too many people [to dedicate this to], but especially my old team Rabobank, and this team, they believe in me, I get opportunities to go on the attack, it’s important to have a team behind you that support you so I’m very happy."

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

Esteban Chaves (Orica-GreenEdge), who maintained his race lead

"Today finished with 20km of climbing. Again I want say the team is unbelievable, they stayed with me all stage. You saw in the final, Cameron is up there for the last 45 kilometers. This guy is unbelievable. The whole team worked really well, they saved me from the wind, got me drinks. I’m really happy. Another day with the red jersey and every day with this jersey is an important day.

"It’s a big responsibility, but I have a really good team, these guys have great experience, they tell me really important things. It’s a big responsibility but we have worked really hard here."

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/1UbT55r

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...