Friday 28 August 2015

Dan Martin signs for Etixx-QuickStep

http://ift.tt/1F4s9Iw

Etixx QuickStep have confirmed that Daniel Martin has joined the Belgian team for the next two seasons. The Irish rider will leave Cannondale Garmin at the end of this year having raced with the team since 2008.

"I'm really excited to join the team, which has been a point of reference in cycling for years," Martin said. "I hope to be able to take the next step in my career with Etixx-Quick-Step. I would like to improve even more and establish consistency with my performances. I think I am entering an important moment of my career at my age. I feel I am stronger than ever, mentally and physically,” Martin said in a press release.

Cyclingnews broke the story that Martin would leave Cannondale several weeks ago with Etixx boss Patrick Lefevere also confirming that he was close to signing the Irish rider, a former winner of Liege- Bastogne-Liege and the Tour of Lombardy.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

"The arrival of Dan Martin is an important moment for the team," Lefevere announced today.

Martin’s arrival will help to offset the departures of current world champion MichaÅ‚ Kwiatkowski and Rigoberto Uran who are both set to leave Etixx QuickStep. Dan Martin can compete in both the one-day races and Grand Tours – the 29-year-old has finished in the top ten at the Vuelta a Espana and won stages in both the Spanish Grand Tour and the Tour de France.

"He's a guy who was able in the past to win one-day races, but also stage races,” Lefevere added.

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/1UbT4P1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...