Sunday 30 August 2015

Kristoff wins GP Ouest France Plouay

http://ift.tt/1LMzZhz

Alexander Kristoff (Katusha) claimed his 20th victory of the season in Plouay after missing out on a second stage win at the Arctic Race of Norway and finishing second to André Greipel at the Vattenfall Cyclassics in Hamburg. He outsprinted Italy's Simone Ponzi (Southeast) and Ramunas Navardauskas (Cannondale-Garmin) on the famous finishing line of the 2000 World Championships.

"It's a really hard race here," Kristoff said. "It was a bunch sprint at the end but I wasn't sure if I could overcome the last climb. I'm really happy that I managed to do it. I was not confident in bringing the race back together. I knew there was a possibility because I had done GP Plouay three times already but I didn't see myself as a favorite. Last year, it was a winning breakaway. At the end, my team kept me safe. It was quite dangerous going to the finish because of all the guys coming from behind but I received a great lead out from Marco [Haller] and Jacopo [Guarnieri] as usual."

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

"My twentieth win is a big one," Kristoff also told Cyclingnews. "To win in the World Tour is always great. I'm really happy about that. Now I'm looking forward to the twenty-first victory. The world championship is my next big goal."

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest Race Results http://ift.tt/1LMzZ16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...