Sunday 13 January 2019

Introducing: Carl Fredrik Hagen

http://bit.ly/2VOv1sR

Carl Fredrik Hagen bounced from soccer to running and then cross-country skiing to mountain biking before eventually finding his feet at Thor Hushovd's former U23 team. In 2017 and 2018, he turned heads with a number of impressive performances, and now at the age of 27, he has stepped up to the WorldTour with Lotto Soudal. He is set to make his debut for the team at the Tour Down Under.

Cyclingnews: How did you get into cycling?

Carl Fredrik Hagen: I was a cross-country skier and I was doing some mountain bike races in the summer with some friends. After a few races, I found out that I had more talent on the bike, so I turned totally to mountain biking when I was 22. I did that for two years. Then I went to Thor Hushovd’s Continental team. I was there for another two years before signing for another two years at Team Joker Icopal.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

CN: Who was your sporting hero growing up?

CFH: Well, I didn't follow cycling when I was growing up. When I finished school at 20, I never thought that by the time I was 27 I'd be a professional cyclist in the WorldTour. When I was young, I was playing right-wing in a football team, and then I got into running before cross-country skiing. When it came to football, they put me out on the right because I liked to run but I was never that serious. I'd skip football training so I could go running in the woods instead. I guess if I had to pick one football player I really liked it was Ole Gunnar Solskjaer at Manchester United.

CN: How did you make the step up to Lotto Soudal?

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest Interviews and Features http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/introducing-carl-fredrik-hagen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...