Friday 29 January 2016

Chloe Hosking structures season around medal-winning ride at World Championships

http://ift.tt/1Tri0j4

Chloe Hosking's performance at the Australian National Road Championships likely went unnoticed by the masses. Racing for sixth place, Hosking won the chase group sprint of 20. She crossed the line that a half-minute behind race winner Amanda Spratt (Orica-AIS).

"Everyone knows the Buninyong course is not my favourite," said Hosking, who rides for Wiggle-High5. "I've been vocal about that in the past. Having the National Champs on the same course for ten years is a bit unnecessary.

"In the past, I've focussed a lot of energy on how ridiculous I think it is that we have to race on the same course every year," Hosking continued. "A lot of that energy was motivated by my personal feelings about the course. It's too hard for me. I'll never have a chance. If they don't change the course, I won't ever be road champ.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

"This year – I sucked it up," Hosking added. "It was a 'well, if they're not going to change the course, I'll just suffer over it.' sort of thing. I got sixth. I didn't win the race, but on a personal-level, I'm really proud of the result."

Hosking has never finished that close to the front end of the race. She's been two minutes behind, eight minutes behind, so far off the back that she's pulled the plug. Her improvement at nationals this year was deliberate and calculated, and, she hopes, a sign of things to come.

"My dad has always told me I could get over the course," said Hoksing. "I need to channel his confidence. I can't say it surprised me – I still need to lose about five kilos to surprise myself! – but I'm really, really focused. If it's on my programme, I'll do it. I'm putting in the hard work, and when you do that, you generally get rewarded.

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/1PmLtZZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...