Saturday 30 January 2016

Bobridge firmly focused on Olympic gold medal in Rio

http://ift.tt/20dk2IY

One year ago Jack Bobridge was making his attempt on the UCI World Hour Record. The 26-year-old fell short in what he referred to as 'the closest I'll ever be to death without dying'. Twelve months on, Bobridge returns to Victoria for what should be a far less painful experience at the Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road Race, where he will line-up with the Trek-Segafredo team.

Bobridge had a dream start to his Trek-Segafredo career, soloing 90km to his second Australian national road title earlier this month, before heading to the Tour Down Under where he finished 33rd after helping Giacomo Nizzolo in the sprints. He will have the opportunity to pursue personal ambitions at the Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road Race and at next week's Jayco Herald Sun Tour, a race he's ridden just once before, finishing second overall.

"Cadel's race is a race that I think can suit me. It’s a pretty tough, pretty hard race," Bobridge told Cyclingnews. "I didn’t get to do it last year, or the Sun Tour, but I definitely think the course on paper should suit me. Obviously we are going to be a strong team but I am not sure yet what the ambitions are or who the protected rider will be, but for sure, at Cadel’s race I’d like to be up there and having a go.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

"I’ve heard whispers from a few people this year that the Sun Tour course is pretty difficult, and I’ve seen there are several meters of climbing each day so hopefully that plays into my hands and I can have a good week there." 

"I’ve only done the Sun Tour once and that was in the national jersey, obviously it was a different time of the year, it was the end of the season so the levels of everyone are a bit different after a season of racing."

Undecided on what his track programme will be before the Rio Olympic Games in August, where Bobridge is aiming for nothing less than the team pursuit gold medal, he is eyeing a return to the Giro d'Italia where he'll be a key rider in Nizzolo's sprint train.

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/1KMy7R6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...