Tuesday 31 March 2015

Debusschere on the cusp in Driedaagse De Panne

http://ift.tt/1bOVwX8



Jens Debusschere (Lotto Soudal) may have missed out on victory in stage 1 of the Driedaagse De Panne but the Belgian national champion continues to impress with a string of solid displays in 2015.


The 25-year-old formed part of the winning break en route to Zottegem but was beaten to the line by Alexander Kristoff’s superior sprinting on a stage shortened due to high winds.


“Today was really hard with the wind. I wanted to be in the small group in order to stay safe and everything looked good until Kristoff came across to our move. Then I knew that the win wasn’t going to happen today. I tried but I obviously didn’t succeed,” Debusschere told Cyclingnews as he made his way to the team bus.


ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement


The Roselare-born rider has a string of consistent performances already under his belt this season with 12th in Omloop Het Nieuwsblad, 7th in Kuurne, 5th in Gent-Wevelgem and of course a stage in Tirreno-Adriatico to mark his first victory at WorldTour level.


“I’m actually really happy with my form and the results I’m getting at the moment. I’ve missed out on the victory today and it’s sad when it happens but as I showed on Sunday in Gent-Wevelgem I’m in good condition and I’ll take that into the next few days and then Flanders.”


Lotto posted three men in the top five in today’s stage and two in the top seven at Gent-Wevelgem - signs that the Belgian outfit are finding their stride just at the right time. They still sit behind squads such as Etixx-Quick Step, Team Sky, BMC and Katusha in terms of wins this year but in Jürgen Roelandts and Debusschere they have two potential candidates for the podium in the Tour of Flanders.


You can read more at Cyclingnews.com






via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/1IkE1rX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...