Saturday 29 December 2018

Dani Rowe: Retiring wasn’t an easy decision but it was the right one

http://bit.ly/2EYAyat

Dani Rowe believes that she has made the right decision to call time on her career at the age of just 28. She had enjoyed arguably her best season to date on the road in 2018, riding for the Waowdeals team - with bronze at the Commonwealth Games and podium places at the Tour de Yorkshire and Women’s Tour - but announced in December that she would retire with immediate effect.

Retirement had not been in her plans at the beginning of the year but took stock after her final race of the season, the World Championships road race. She decided that it was time to hang up her wheels and go out on her own terms.

“It’s not been an easy decision, but I know in my heart it’s the right one. I’m really excited about the next chapter,” Rowe told Cyclingnews. “I feel privileged that I can go out on a high, on my own terms having achieved everything I ever dreamed of achieving on the bike.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

“The Commonwealth Games was the last medal that I was really determined to achieve. It was the last medal in a major competition that I had left to get my hands on. I felt like the rest of the season was a bonus, although I think that I exceeded all expectations on the road. I hadn’t really thought about retiring from the sport until after the Worlds.

“I still love it as opposed to thinking ‘I never want to see a bike again, I’m sick of the sight of it.’”

Danielle Rowe (Waowdeals Pro Cycling Team)

A ten-year career

The road ahead

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest Interviews and Features http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/dani-rowe-retiring-wasnt-an-easy-decision-but-it-was-the-right-one

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...