Thursday 19 April 2018

Dygert sprints to stage 2 win at Tour of the Gila

https://ift.tt/2F0DT59

Chloe Dygert (Twenty20-Sho Air) relied on her teammates and world champion track power to sprint to victory Thursday during stage 2 at the Tour of the Gila. Dygert passed Rally Cycling's Emma White just before the line at Fort Baryard, while Diana Penuela (UnitedHealthcare) crossed the line in third. Stage 1 winner Katie Hall finished safely in the bunch to keep her overall lead.

"It was kind of a hectic finish. There was a truck pulling out with about a K to go, and that was pretty dangerous," Dygert told Cyclingnews.

"Allie [Dragoo] had a really good lead out that spaced the group out. Emma only had one lead-out girl, so I knew I had a chance. She started going at 200 metres to go and had a little gap on me, but I thought that was kind of early. I was still in her draft and was able to come around her at the end."

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

Dygert pulled off the win by inches in front of her former teammate on the US National team. White also finished second to Dygert when they were juniors at the 2015 UCI Road World Championships in Richmond, so she understands Dygert's strength.

"There's something to be said about that girl's power. She's unbelievable," White said. "My team did great. They put me right in position where I just had to give it all. Unfortunately, I was a couple inches short at the line, but I'm still really proud of the way everybody rode. We kept our teammate [Sara Poidevan] second in GC, so that was most important today."

More to come!

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest Race Results http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/tour-of-the-gila-2018/stage-2-women/results

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...