Thursday, 20 October 2016

Devolder keen to continue despite no new Trek-Segafredo deal

http://ift.tt/2eyK7ML

Stijn Devolder wants to ride one more year, even though Trek-Segafredo has said it will not re-sign him. The veteran Belgian said he has had contact with at least one other team for a final year on the road, whilst hoping that Trek-Segafredo might change its mind.

"I was in Canada when I was informed by letter that my team no longer want to rely on my services," the 37-year-old told nieuwsblad.be.

His search for a new team may soon bear fruit. "On Monday night I received a call from an interested team, and it appeals to me," he added. He would not name the team, but said he hopes to come to an agreement by early November.

ADVERTISEMENT
advertisement

"Then I will start training with a view to the new season. I'm not done with this sport. I am one hundred per cent motivated to keep on going," he said. "If we come to an agreement, then I'm going to show everybody that I am not passé."

Devolder has not completely relinquished hope of remaining with Trek-Segafredo, but insisted he would leave on good terms.

"Maybe we can still come to terms with Trek Segafredo. If not, we go as friends. Sports director Dirk Demol always stuck his neck out for me."

You can read more at Cyclingnews.com



via Cyclingnews Latest News http://ift.tt/2eX4O9c

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...